These make a great brunch for those lazy weekends when you have the time to cook. Alternatively, prepare the batter ahead of your morning run so you have a big breakfast to look forward to after you finish.
Ingredients: (serves 2)
- 0.5 cups buckwheat groats
- 0.5 cups quinoa
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 banana
- Tribe Tumba Trail Mix (1 pod)
- 2 tbsp greek/coconut yoghurt
- Honey (to taste)
- Coconut oil for frying
- Soak buckwheat and quinoa overnight in the water and lemon juice.
- In the morning, drain and rinse the grains.
Place the grains in a blender with 1 cup of water and blend until smooth. Add a little more water if necessary to reach a pourable but not watery consistency.
- Heat a frying pan with 0.5 tsp of coconut oil. When it gets hot, pour in some batter (the amount will depend on what size you want your pancakes to be). Wait until you can see bubbles appearing on the top of the pancakes before you try and flip them. Cook until both sides are golden brown.
- When they are all cooked you can stack them up with sliced banana, yoghurt and trail mix. Drizzle with honey before serving.