240g cannellini beans (drained)
1 red onion
200g tomato passata
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar (sulphites)
2 tbsp basil pesto (nuts)
20g pine nuts
Already in your kitchen:
Sea salt & black pepper Coconut oil / olive oil
1) Preheat the oven to 200°C / gas mark 6.
2) Finely dice the onion and carrot. To make the aubergine lasagne layers, thinly slice the aubergines lengthways (at least 6 slices from each).
3) Heat 1 tsp oil in a medium-sized pan on a medium heat and fry the onion for 3 mins, then add the carrot for 5 mins.
4) Meanwhile, place 12 aubergine slices on a baking tray and drizzle with 2 tsp oil and a pinch of sea salt. Place in the oven for 10-15 mins, turning halfway through.
5) Drain the cannellini beans and add to the pan with the onion and carrot. Add the passata and 1⁄3 of the balsamic vinegar. Season and simmer for 10 mins.
6) When the aubergine is cooked, construct each
individual lasagne by placing two pieces of aubergine parallel on the plate as the base, a generous spoonful of the bean sauce and a thin layer of basil pesto and repeat. Top each lasagne with another layer of aubergine slices. Serve alongside the rocket, sprinkle with the pine nuts and drizzle over the remaining balsamic vinegar.
P: 15g / C: 46g / F: 30g
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person.
We recommend washing all our fresh fruit and vegetables before use.
Don’t forget to share your creations @MindfulChefUK