Tiffany Afflick, Nutritionist and Creative Chef for The Edge Human Performance Lab, creates her favourite protein flapjacks. Perfect for fuelling a long hike or bike ride. Be a Force of Nature.
- 150g gluten free oats
- 80g syrup
- 50g crunchy peanut butter
- 40g dark chocolate
- 1 sachet of TRIBE Chocolate Protein Powder
- 15g chia seeds (+ 45ml water)
- 20-30ml warm water
- Preheat the oven to 190°c
- Add the chia seeds to a small dish and cover with 45ml water. Leave for 5 minutes .
- Add the oats, peanut butter, syrup, protein powder and soaked chia seeds to a mixing bowl, then stir well until the mixture begins to hold together. Gradually add in the water 1 tbsp at a time, stirring afterwards, until the mixture holds together.
- Roughly chop half of the chocolate into chunks, then stir this into the flapjack mixture. Leave the flapjack mixture to stand for 10 minutes (this will help it bind!).
- Line a deep baking tray with baking parchment, then empty the flapjack mixture into the tin and use your hands or the back of a wooden spoon to flatten it out to a rectangle with a 2cm thickness.
- Bake the flapjacks for 12-15 minutes until firm, then remove from the oven and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate, then drizzle this over the flapjacks. Leave to cool until the chocolate sets, then divide into 6 equal portions and enjoy!