With Easter fast approaching, we wanted to share with you this easy and delicious TRIBE Easter Egg recipe from TRIBE team member Hannah (@escapingthecity).
- 100g bar of dark chocolate (broken in to squares)
- x3 TRIBE Protein Bars (Double Choc works well!)
- Smooth almond butter (or your favourite type of nut butter)
- Set aside your Easter Egg moulds (a silicone mould with 10 mini eggs was used for this - see below image)
- Boil a small amount of water in a saucepan, and place a heatproof bowl on top. Add the dark chocolate to the bowl, and melt slowly. Once melted set aside to cool.
- Use around 1/4 of a TRIBE bar to press into each small egg mould, so that there is a thin layer. Take these back out of the moulds and set aside.
- Pour 1 teaspoon of dark chocolate into each mould, using the spoon to coat the sides of each egg. Then carefully place each TRIBE bar mould on top of the chocolate, and press down so the chocolate coats the whole of the outside of the 'TRIBE egg'.
- Set aside the leftover dark chocolate.
- Fill each egg with the smooth almond butter.
- Cover each egg with a flat layer of melted dark chocolate, and put in the fridge to set for 30mins.
- Then take out of the fridge and enjoy!
- You can use a small amount of melted chocolate to fuse together each egg half if you like.