This is the perfect sweet treat to keep your energy levels up
using dates for sweetness and protein powder, nuts and oats for
sources of protein, carbs and fats to keep you going pre or post
workout. Thanks to @Hopepointingfood for the recipe creation!
The Biscuit Base
• 50g ground almonds/ground nuts
• 50g TRIBE protein powder / decimated coconut or more ground almonds
• 50g ground oats
• 50g melted coconut oil
• 50g melted almond butter
• A pinch of salt
- Melt together the coconut oil and nut butter until fluid.
- Combine all ingredients until the mixture just holds together -it will firm up in the fridge once the coconut oil has solidified.
- Spread into a baking tray lined with grease-proof paper. Pat down to make an even surface. Chill in the fridge whilst you prepare the caramel.
• 10-12 Medjool dates, pitted
• Zest of a large orange + splash of juice
• 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
• 1-2 tbsp melted coconut oil
• Splash of vanilla extract
- Blitz all the ingredients in a food processor until you have a thick, smooth paste. Add a little water if it’s too thick -again, this will thicken in the fridge.
- Add the caramel on top of the base and leave to set in the fridge.
• 200g good quality dark chocolate
- Add 200g of good quality, melted dark chocolate and leave to set. (Alternatively, you can use a combination of coconut oil and raw cocoa powder if you don’t want to use chocolate, or even just a generous spread of nut butter, adding a little melted coconut oil to the butter if you prefer a firmer set).
...Use your choice of toppings - mixture of nuts and seeds, dried
fruit, goji berries, rose petals etc. (go crazy, get fancy!).