*Tiffany Afflick, Nutritionist and Creative Chef for The Edge Human Performance Lab, creates her favourite apple crumble flapjacks. Perfect fuel to recover after a long day on the road. Be a Force of Nature.
- 2 apples (washed, peeled and cored)
- 200g porridge oats
- ½ sachet Tribe Vanilla & Cinnamon Protein Powder
- 10g chia seeds
- 70g honey
- 15ml rapeseed or coconut oil
- 100ml water
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180°c
- Roughly chop the apples, then add them to a saucepan with 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp honey and 100ml water, then boil for 7-8 minutes until completely softened.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 120g oats, 50g honey, the chia seeds and the rapeseed oil. Stir well until the mixture sticks together, adding 3-4 tbsp of warm water to help, if needed.
- Line a deep baking tray with baking parchment, then empty the flapjack mixture into the tin and use your hands or the back of a wooden spoon to flatten it out to a rectangle with a 1-2cm thickness.
- Once the apples are cooked, use a wooden spoon to mash them, then spread the apples over the flapjack base.
- To make the crumble topping, add 80g oats, the remaining honey, the protein powder,1 tsp cinnamon and 2-3 tbsp of water to a mixing bowl, the stir well to combine. Once the mixture reaches a crumble-like consistency, sprinkle it over the apples, then pat it down to help it hold its place.
- Bake the apple crumble flapjacks for 15-20 minutes until golden, then divide into 4 portions and serve warm, or leave to cool and enjoy later.