1 cup ground almonds
1/3 cup boiled and peeled sweet potato (cooled to room temperature)
1/3 cup cashew butter
6 cloves garlic
1 large handful of fresh parsley (leaves only)
2 tbsp coconut flour
1.5-2 tbsp cumin powder
2 tsp light tahini paste
2 tsp ground coriander
¾ tsp cracked black pepper
½ tsp Himalyan pink salt (if coarse grind until fine)
¼ cup mixed nuts
2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tbsp water
- Start by adding all of your ingredients (except for your mixed nuts, bicarbonate of soda, water, and coconut oil) to your food processor and pulse a few times.
- Next pulse in the mixed nuts until you get a slightly more paste like bread crumb mixture. Leave for 10 minutes.
- Mix your bicarbonate of soda and water together until nicely dissolved and gently knead it through your mixture.
- Roll your falafel into balls roughly no bigger than the size of a fresh apricot. If you prefer patties just flatted the falafel balls out with the palm of your hand.
- In a large frying pan heat 1 tbsp of your coconut oil until fully melted. Place about 5 of your falafel into the frying pan and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 2 minutes before rolling with a spatula to brown another side and cover and cook again for another minute. Repeat until all sides browned.
- Add another 1 tbsp of coconut oil and cooking another 5. Repeat the process until all falafel are cooked.
Thank you Georgina for this great paleo recipe. http://greensofthestoneage.com/paleo-falafel/