Are you looking for a pivotal financial role at a high-growth, mission-led food brand?
As TRIBE’s first financial hire, you’ll play a central role in a fast-scaling, entrepreneurial company, with scope for rapid professional growth
If this sounds exciting, please see the full spec below
** no recruiters please **
Inspired by a 1,000 mile run to fight modern slavery, TRIBE are the UK's fastest-growing plant performance brand. Our mission is to lead a plant revolution and to end modern slavery. TRIBE's snacks, breakfasts and shakes are listed in Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, WHSmith, Boots, Wholefoods and 1000s of stores across the UK, alongside TRIBE’s thriving DTC business. Since 2015, tens of thousands of the TRIBE community have taken part in TRIBE events, helping raise over £1m for the TRIBE Freedom Foundation, our sister charity.
Reporting directly to, and working closely alongside, Co-Founder & MD, TRIBE are looking for an ambitious Finance Manager to manage TRIBE’s Finance function. As Finance Manager, you’ll lead on forecasting, budgeting and reporting in the business, manage the day-to-day work of our external accountants, and have a wider brief to drive forward special projects within the business. The position would suit someone looking to make their first move into industry from an accountancy firm, or with experience working in a relevant industry team, seeking an entrepreneurial role with lots of scope to shape a high-growth business.
The role would be based at TRIBE HQ in London Bridge, with a mix of WFH and office, joining a fast-growing team of 12.
Reporting and forecasting
• Own data-sharing across the business, so that each team has visibility of key financial metrics in their areas;
• Work with our external accountants to create a monthly reporting pack to share with the business;
• Alongside our MDs, lead the production and documentation of annual budgets / business plan, and ensure we’re reporting accurately against them;
• Work closely with our supply chain and sales teams, to ensure accurate forecasts and sufficient (but zero waste) stock purchases;
• Prepare financials and take the lead in drafting our quarterly board pack;
• Support the TRIBE Freedom Foundation (our UK-registered charity) where it needs support in reporting.
Day-to-day financial management
• Ownership of our internal accounting system (Xero) and other reporting software (Unleashed for stock management & margin analysis);
• Manage our external accountants to ensure all transactional finance functions are carried out weekly (including bank / credit control postings);
• Complete statutory accounting (including year-end) with our external advisors, as well as tax submissions (in multiple markets) and R&D reclaims.
Strategic & Special Projects
• Develop and implement improved systems and processes for data-sharing and financial management across the business;
• Lead on analysis of entry into new markets, including managing regulatory and fiscal compliance as the business expands;
• Take on leadership of environmental impact and monitoring of the same in the business;
• Help drive a culture of best financial practice across the business (the role will suit someone keen to get stuck in and work with team members across the TRIBE team)
• You’re a qualified accountant or equivalent with 0-2 years' post qualification experience;
• You bring an entrepreneurial mindset, with the drive to constantly improve;
• You’re excited to work in a high-growth start-up, and get stuck in to team life;
• You have excellent attention-to-detail, problem-solving, and organisational skills;
• You're data-driven;
• You’re loaded with the drive and ambition to join us in grafting hard to build a great business;
• You’re a team player, looking for a challenge;
• You’re passionate about TRIBE’s mission.
What we can offer:
• Competitive salary and discretionary bonus
• EMI Share Scheme
• Central London (London Bridge) office with flexible office and home working
• 25 days' holiday plus bank holidays
• Quarterly team offsites, great team culture and annual international trips.
TRIBE’s commitment to diversity and inclusion:
TRIBE are an equal opportunities employer and believe in the power of a diverse, inclusive team. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. If there is anything we can do that will help you to submit an application and take part in the application process, please contact us first at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter of no more than 100 words to email@example.com