These spelt seeded crackers can be make using store cupboard ingredients. Top with mashed avocado or almond butter, these are both rich in healthy Omega 3 fats great for energy
- 170g wholemeal spelt flour
- Pinch of sea salt
- 0.5 tbsp runny honey
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Tribe Tamari Seeds
- 60g other mixed seeds - chia/flax/sesame/sunflower/pumpkin
- Paprika / grated parmesan (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Mix the spelt flour and salt together with all the seeds the sesame in a big mixing bowl.
- In separate bowl, mix 100ml water with the honey and olive oil. Stir this mixture in to the dry ingredients and mix to a dough. At this point you should add any spices or grated cheese you are using.
- Knead the dough for five minutes then return it to the bowl and leave to one side for 20 minutes.
- Dust your work surface with flour and roll the dough out to a thickness of 3mm. Use a sharp knife to cut the dough into rectangles, then place them onto the prepared trays close together, but not touching.
- Bake the crackers for 15 minutes. Turn the oven off and leave the trays in the residual heat of the oven for 10 minutes for extra crispness. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.